Grow with us!
Interested in Working at Western Resource Advocates?
A welcoming and supportive work environment
It’s our mission to ensure every team member is empowered to do their best work, cultivate new ideas by valuing a diversity of perspectives, and accommodate employees’ needs and schedules. Further, we offer generous benefits packages to encourage staff to unplug by taking advantage of Paid Time Off.
Collaboration across our region
Every year, our entire staff across the region is invited to a three-day retreat in a location that reminds us of the importance of protecting the West’s communities and most treasured places. We take this time to reflect on our work, evaluate our impact, build relationships within our organization, and just have fun.
Leading by example
We strive to implement environmentally-friendly practices in all of our offices. For example, our Nevada office is in a walkable downtown Carson City location. Our New Mexico office is ready for bike commuters, and our Utah office is just a block away from a light rail stop. Our Boulder office practices innovative storm water capture, and our Denver office is located in the certified Alliance Center.
A diversity of experiences
Staff at WRA come from a wide variety of professional and personal backgrounds. We’ve welcomed employees with backgrounds in environmental law, engineering, media, government affairs, and non-profit administration, among many other fields.
We are committed to creating an organization – and contributing to a larger conservation movement – that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive of people from all backgrounds. Our team should reflect the communities in which we work and live, and we are taking steps toward that goal.
Finding solutions to our most pressing environmental challenges
We pride ourselves in finding and fostering people with the talent and the tenacity to stand up to the challenges we face in the West and to provide solutions that last. We get things done. We all love this region and are committed to protecting its beautiful landscapes, flowing rivers, and thriving communities for generations to come.
Our values in the workplace
- We have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that we strive to bring into the workplace every day.
- We are committed to learning from and embracing difference.
- We strive to be a place where every member of our team feels that they can bring their authentic self to the workplace.
- We are committed to creating an organization – and contributing to a larger conservation movement – that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive of people from all backgrounds.
- We have a deep commitment to our mission and the impact we have on our region.
- Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our strategy and our vision. We believe that pursuing an inclusive and diverse organization is not only the right thing to do, it will advance our work. As such, we welcome and are actively seeking team members and partners from an array of backgrounds and experiences.
- We enter into our work with the intent to collaborate, listen, and be an ally for change that will make our environment and our communities healthier, safer, and more resilient.
- We believe our team should reflect the makeup of the communities in which we work and live, and we are actively taking steps toward that goal.
- We recognize that we will always have work to do to more fully represent and demonstrate these values.
WRA is proud to offer a generous benefits package to our full-time employees that supports well-being and enables a healthy work-life balance.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Insurance 100% funded by WRA.
Vision and Dental Benefits
Insurance 100% funded by WRA.
Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
100% funded by WRA.
Up to 12 weeks of leave, first 6 weeks paid.
After working at WRA for five years.
Take one day off each year to volunteer.
WRA’s offices are closed December 25 – January 1.
Celebrate your day.
Generous paid vacation
Starting at three weeks per year.
Company Sponsored 401(K)
WRA matches contributions up to 5.0% of salary.