Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is hiring an organized and creative Digital Engagement Specialist to join our Marketing and Communications Team. The Digital Engagement Specialist will be responsible for engaging our base of supporters, maintaining, and growing our email list, and ensuring that our website is an effective engagement and advocacy tool. This individual will play a supportive role in developing and managing digital fundraising campaigns, identifying ways to grow our constituent base, and using engagement and marketing strategies to further our programmatic and policy goals. Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Digital Engagement Specialist will collaborate with Development, Government Affairs and program staff to drive content marketing and digital campaigns and support fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience in email and online marketing, content creation, and project and database management and possess excellent writing and communications skills. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with other marketing and communication professionals, while making an impact for an incredible non-profit.
About Western Resource Advocates
WRA fights climate change and its impacts to sustain the environment, economy, and people of the West. We respect the different needs of diverse people and partner with them to develop a shared vision for progress—one that advances communities while protecting biodiversity.
Our team of experts has three decades of experience of working where decisions are made, sweating the details, creating evidence-based solutions, and holding decisionmakers accountable. This on-the-ground work with policymakers and other advocates advances clean energy, protects air, land, water, and wildlife — and preserves the lives and livelihoods of the West.
This position may work remotely in our seven-state region, in one of our six offices, or a hybrid of the two. Our seven-state region includes Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. WRA has offices located in Boulder, CO; Carson City, NV; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Salt Lake City, UT; and Santa Fe, NM. Access to a major airport required, as this position involves some travel.
Responsibilities And Activities
- Lead in developing email and action alert content for integrated digital campaigns across the web and social media for both advocacy and development efforts.
- Lead in identifying, creating, and implementing appropriate email content and engagement strategies.
- Write marketing collateral, such as blogs, static webpages, newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets, and other content as needed.
- Oversee content production management and timelines, working with WRA staff members to develop collateral for the website, email, action alerts, and webinars.
- Assist with creating engaging website content that is optimized for search engines, follows best practices, and aligns with MarComm strategic goals.
- Work with WRA team to develop marketing copy with inclusive and equitable language best practices.
Email and Digital Strategy
- Maintain and optimize a ladder of engagement to tie digital campaigns to our work and deepen our engagement with WRA’s advocates and supporters.
- Work closely with the Development team to create and manage online fundraising strategies.
- Conceptualize and create content for email marketing, advocacy actions, donor acquisition and stewardship campaigns in partnership with Development, Marketing and Communications, Government Affairs, and program staff.
- Develop website, digital, and email strategies and goals in partnership with Associate Director of Marketing and Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Identify and implement effective strategies to grow WRA’s email lists, engage key audiences, enhance opportunities for audience segmentation, and increase WRA’s click-through-rate and conversion rates.
- Research current and emerging diversity and equity best practices, with an eye for inclusive and accessible approaches to digital engagement.
Data and Reporting
- Maintain marketing CRM, including maintaining data cleanliness, audience segmentation, and syncing with the Development CRM.
- Develop dashboards and reports to track and evaluate the effectiveness of digital tools.
- Track email analytics and analyze trends and best practices to create strategies for growth and improvement based on department goals.
- Additional tasks within the Marketing and Communications team as needed.
Salary And Benefits
The salary range is $45,000 – $60,000 annually; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan with up to 5% matching and health, dental, vision, and life & disability insurance with 100% of premiums paid by WRA. Annually, staff receive three weeks paid vacation leave, twelve paid sick days, one paid volunteer day, one paid birthday off, twelve paid holidays, and WRA is closed for Winter Break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day for additional paid time off. After one year, employees are eligible for up to twelve weeks of parental leave with the first six weeks paid, and after five years, staff are eligible for up to twelve weeks of paid sabbatical leave. Position is full-time exempt.
Deadline To Apply: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
For the full job announcement, and application portal, please visit ADP here.